Mettry's Department Store was founded in 1900 by Richard Mettry, a Lebanese immigrant. He began peddling the southwest part of Oklahoma with his team of horses. In 1913, he opened the first permanent location in Wilson, Oklahoma. His two sons, Charles and Pete, later took over the business and operated it together until September 1, 1956 when Pete opened a location in Wynnewood, Oklahoma where the store now resides. The store has taken on many new looks since 1900. We have continued to change with the times and meet the demands of our customers, one of which is our Flame Retardant Clothing.